Sunday, March 18, 2012

Will We Ever Grow Up???

Saturday I went solo to a child's birthday party and I must admit...I had a lovely time :) Both Wyatt and Nick were sick at the end of this past week so they stayed at home to cut down the risk of spreading germs or having a coughing relapse. Since it was at the home of one of my best friends and the majority of my other girlfriends would be there, I simply couldn't miss the opportunity to see them.

I love birthday parties!! Who doesn't? And as far as I am concerned...the bigger the better. It is the perfect opportunity to eat to much of the stuff I am not supposed to eat, laugh and talk and enjoy seeing and visiting with some of my favorite folks. My friends and I love taking crazy pictures together. It has become one of our favorite pastimes. So when one of them suggested that we all go down the big blow up slide in a "train" fashion we were all on board.
Even though we are technically adults we do enjoy a good blow up slide. We do have the good manners to wait until some of the party guests have thinned out before pushing our own kids aside and showing them how it's done. Saturday was no exception. As soon as we could, four of us (just enough for a good train) were climbing up that ladder to get to the top of that slide. The cameras were entrusted to the right people and we were ready.
What happened next is not for the faint of heart. Amanda and Lora were at the top of the slide followed closely by me and Amelia. All of a sudden the slide starts to lean...oh NO!! I thought to myself...is the slide tilting?? Then I felt it lean a little more..uh oh. I hear Lora say, "go back down, go back down." But by then we were to far up to go back down. One wrong move and we are going over. That is when the air started going out. As the slide collapses around us and Amanda is almost buried alive we sit in a puddle of humiliation as the cameras around us FLASH..FLASH..FLASH. We are four grown women sitting on the ground, laughing uncontrollably as one of the children starts to cry.
The good news is that one of the hubbys deflated the slide to get us down and we didn't actually cause the thing to deflate (thank goodness). They were able to blow it back up so the kids were able to play. The bad news is we didn't get our train picture and we were photographed relentlessly in our humiliation. We are fondly referring to it as the Epic Slide Fail of 2012.

Here we are going up

...and it begins to tilt

and collapses on us

I was laughing so hard I was crying!

No more pictures!

Ooopppssss!

Rules were made to be broken!

3 comments:

  1. Lol...looks like you girls had the party! Lol. Good funny post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is SO something i would do. I am seriously tearing up from laughing so hard...LOVE it! Kind of jealous & now I want my own cool epic slide fail story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun! Get your friends together at the next birthday bash and give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete