Monday, March 5, 2012

It's A Twister!!!

Our little town was once again touched by a tornado this past Friday morning. After the horrible destruction of last year's April tornadoes I think we are all a little on edge, and rightly so. I for one go into a hot panic as soon as I hear those sirens go off! I immediately think about my husband who is usually working right in the middle of the storms and my friends and family who are scattered across the county.
The east side of Limestone County took a hard hit yet again as well as our neighboring Madison County.
Photos taken by WHNT News Channel 19
There were a few homes in the area and surrounding areas that were also hit last April as well. Some were still under construction from the last storm.
I know that material things do not compare to "what money cannot buy" but to me loosing my home would be the next worse thing. Our homes that we live in from day to day that house all of our memories and where all of our belongings are to be gone in just a moment would be devastating. Over the past year so many of our neighbors have lost everything, including many irreplaceable things such as pictures and family heirlooms. Please say a special prayer for these people and be thankful to have your home.
I certainly am.
These storms made the national news and I was not at all surprised to see a news story on the Yahoo homepage over the weekend.
Nick (who is a lineman with Athens Electric Department) and his co workers worked long, long hours this weekend. By Sunday evening they had power restored to all of those that was possible. I am proud of the work that they did this past weekend and last year as well.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for the people hit in these terrible storms. Glad your family was not hurt, Casey! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete