Thursday, July 24, 2014

I Love My Friends!

Seriously...I love my friends! 

I'm a firm believer that there is nothing more important than your relationships with God, your spouse and your children.  I love spending time with all three as well as my family.  I also think that it is so very important to have a group of peers to laugh with and confide in.  You know...someone who is in the same boat. 

This past weekend I went on a girls only beach trip.  We generally have a little weekend outing once a year.  I do miss my little family while I'm gone but it is nice to get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of family life and just unwind. 

This trip was a little unusual because we actually spent more time on the beach at night than we did during the day.  We didn't get hot or need sunscreen.  We didn't so much as break a sweat!!  IN JULY...it was really weird!  Although we didn't come back with the awesome tan that we wanted and even joked around that we were even whiter than when we left, we (as always) had a really great time. 

 
Here is a picture that I took on our second day there.  It had rained most of the day and we took some time to see a movie and have a nice lunch.  By late afternoon it cleared off and we were able to spend our evening by the water.  This is my favorite time to be out on the beach. 
 I just love the sunset over the water.
 
 
Here we all are!  I'm happy to say that I've been friends with these ladies since high school.
 
 
 
 
 
Once I got back home I immediately made plans to see my friend Jill who is only in town for a few days.  We had lunch and took in a little shopping yesterday.  Jill is an army wife whose family has been stationed in Washington for the last couple of years.  Tomorrow she is headed back to Washington to catch a plane that will take them to South Korea for two years.  I'm so excited for them as they embark on this journey but I am very, VERY sad to know that I most likely won't see her and her family for the next couple of years.  We said goodbye yesterday as we have done many times before.  I pray that Jill and her family have a safe trip over there and that their transition is as smooth as possible. 
 
Jill and I have been the best of friends for about seven years now.  We are different as daylight and dark but she has been an invaluable friend to me.  Jill is one of the best people that I know and she takes all of this in stride.  She is quite the strong lady! 

 
Safe travels to the Beddingfield family!
 
 
So hug your friends a little tighter and say a prayer of thanks for them. 
There is nothing like friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment